4.27.2009

What every mother needs.

I was just starting the feel like I could handle being a mom of three and keep my house fairly clean and cook healthy meals at a decent hour and keep my kids entertained with more then the tv. But I must have been getting too confident or too comfortable because last Friday night we took Lucy to the ER with a broken leg. She had been jumping on the trampoline with her cousins, which is not uncommon. But crazy injuries happen when you least expect it. She landed just right (or wrong) at the right time (or the wrong time) and buckle fractured her tibia right below her knee. It's not hurting her as bad now unless you take off the temporary cast or she tries to move around by herself. But she can't walk for now. We go in on Tuesday to the orthopedic doctor. They will probably put a more permanant cast on it and give us more answers about when she can move around on her own. Wish us luck!


Be sure the check out below, I've posted a LOT of updates with pictures!

6 comments:

Delirious said...

Hmmm...having one immobile might actually be helpful. ;)

Shayla said...

Kole is absolutely beautiful!!
I am so sorry about Kylee's leg! Poor little girl, poor mommy for having something else to worry about. I hope everything goes well & that she miraculously heals soon, but please let me know if you need any help!!
xoxo

charm said...

Oh, Erin! When Tiff told me about Kylee, I just about died! Poor little girl.... :( Cannon had a buckle fracture at 18 months, and it healed really fast, so I'll keep my fingers crossed! As for little Kole, he is such a cutie! He really has changed a lot since he was born! Crazy how they do that. Congrats again, and let me know if I can do ANYTHING for you guys, ok??

Karen said...

Oh Ky-ky I'm sorry you hurt yourself. If you need any kisses to make it better let us know, Camille's really good at giving kisses!

Mamma Meg said...

Poor girl! I hate it when kids get hurt.

KaShan said...

OH Poor you and little Kylee....Good luck and I hope things get better..